Sunday, 7 September 2008

Electric shocks from my keyboard

If you have a laptop, or indeed have ever had one/used one, then you may have come across the fact that sometimes the audio/mic jack ports are located in some cases underneath the touch pad at the front of the keyboard. This is certainly true in my case, which cases me great pain. This is because every time I use the touch pad I have a tendency to rest my thumbs exactly where the inputs lie. For some reason whenever I am plugged in, i.e. to a main power source, I get a sadistic series of little electrocutions! Now this can either be the tingly type, or the full on ‘I’m electrocuting you’ type which after a prolonged period of stupidity can get rather annoying. For some reason, even though it has been a couple of months I still haven’t learned yet! If anyone else shares this pain with me please tell me because I want to start a hate campaign against front mounted jacks!

No comments: