In early December Boston Bright closed for 4 days (well it didn’t really, they paid someone to sit at the front desk because it was actually cheaper than paying the 50,000B penalty for not opening in the shopping centre the school is located in!), and pretty much the entire staff – over 50 strong – embarked on a 3 day, all expenses paid holiday to a beautiful small quiet resort on the beach near Hua Hin. Everyone had worked really hard for a good 6-8 months, and it was time for some fun!
I’m going to keep this section short, even though I could rant for hours about it. What I will do instead though is.... for the first time I have photographs because when we returned from the holiday everyone uploaded their pictures onto a share-drive so I put my laptop on the network and swiped the lot – fantastic. So I will upload the pictures and annotate stories behind them or give them some kind of relevant anecdote.
In short though, the holiday was great, it was personally really nice for me because it was my first real time out of Bangkok into the beautiful countryside of Thailand – something I need to do more of! Also importantly, as people we all came much closer together as friends after the holiday. Certain friendships were bound, and because of it I find myself in the position now where I am surrounded by a wonderful safety-net of fantastic people I am proud to call friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment